Through your membership in the Queens Board 119 of Approved Basketball Officials, Inc., you are a member of the International Association of Approved Basketball Officials, Inc. (IAABO) – the only organization of its kind in the world: a nonprofit service and professional organization managed by and for basketball referees. Founded in 1923, IAABO’s stated purposes are:
• To educate, train, develop, and provide continuous instruction for basketball officials.
• To promote the welfare of the game of basketball, its players and officials.
• To maintain the highest standard of basketball officiating.
• To encourage the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship.
• To have available at all times an adequate number of thoroughly trained and capable officials.
• To cooperate with all organizations officially connected with the game of basketball in furthering its interests and ideals.
Through a worldwide organization of some 200 local “Boards” spanning 38 states and 11 foreign countries, IAABO has been the unparalleled and undisputed leader in worldwide training of basketball officials in the areas of:
• Basketball Rules
• Mechanics and techniques of officiating
• Organization of local officials’ groups
• Development of curricula and standards by which other officials’ organizations are judged.
Board 119 has over 250 members that provide officials for colleges, high schools, and youth basketball organizations.
THE DUES WILL REMAIN AT $85, THEY ARE DUE THE LAST DAY IN FEB.
AFTER FEB THEY ARE $125 AND AFTER THE DINNER THEY ARE $200.
Please make check payable to: Board 119.
CHSAA Varsity - E-MAIL Phil Sallustio at PHILDREF@YAHOO.COM
CHSAA Freshman and JV - E-MAIL Jim Quinn at email@example.com
TO TRYOUTS FOR CHSAA YOU
MUST CONTACT PHIL or JIM
PSAL - E-MAIL Antonio Brimmer at ADBRIM@GMAIL.COM FOR DETAILS